Waltham Forest, London
£450 - £500 per day
3 months ago
Working with the Families Performance & Information section of the team, the post-holder will have a crucial role in developing and delivering high quality data and performance reporting for the Council's services for children, adults and families in Waltham Forest.
The post-holder will be responsible for developing a range of reporting solutions to manage, access and use the Council's data, including:
* Leading on projects to develop and implement new methods of reporting on and using data, in particular the implementation of Power BI as the main council data performance and analysis system;
* Working with the analyst teams to developed materialised views, bespoke DataMarts, stored functions, automations etc to enable those teams to develop a comprehensive suite of Power BI dashboards for the services the team supports;
* Creating or updating reports to extract information from the Council's databases in order to understand service activity and performance;
* Improving data quality by investigating and reporting on anomalies and applying good data management principles;
* Develop ways of matching and analysing data fields across different applications and databases used by the Council. Excellent knowledge of SQL, Power BI (including DAX), R and Business Objects are important for this role.
The Council is currently looking at new approaches to Business Intelligence tools including use of Cloud platforms and visualisation tools; knowledge of these would be an advantage.
Experience of working with local authority families services and relevant case management systems and databases is highly desirable for this role. An aptitude for problem solving, attention to detail, good time management, teamwork, communication skills and a commitment to customer service are very important to success in this role.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.