South West London, London
£38 - £42 per hour
3 months ago
The role will include;
The Team Leader will provide casework oversight and professional supervision to colleagues in the Safeguarding Cluster Team to improve outcomes for children.
1. To support the Cluster Head of Safeguarding by contributing to the overall operational management and development of the team, and deputise for the Head of Safeguarding and other Team Leaders as required.
2. To provide casework supervision to other social workers in the team to ensure the highest practice standards and working at all times in the best interests of children and young people.
3. To assist the Head of Safeguarding in formulating and implementing the Team Plan objectives and priorities.
Management and Operations
1. To provide effective casework supervision and professional support to social workers and other colleagues, ensuring there is an opportunity to critically reflect on casework and to identify learning and development needs.
2. To act as a recognised expert within the specialist field: Contribute to the development of practice and policy in the specialist field: initiate and undertake research in own field.
3. To ensure services are provided in a manner that respects the human rights and dignity of the individual and ensure that consideration is given to issues of gender, disability, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, religion, culture and linguistic background.
4. To exercise budgetary responsibilities as delegated by the Head.
5. To chair reviews/planning meetings/case conferences/strategy meetings as appropriate in line with standard procedures.
6. To ensure the provision of clear written reports to child protection conferences, reviews, planning meetings and any other purpose as required, ensuring good quality casework analysis and risk assessment is evident throughout.
7. To ensure reports are prepared for Court are of high quality, and to support and prepare workers in the Court process, including giving evidence in Court, as required.
8. To ensure the team maintains a high standard of case recording of all interventions with service users in line with AfC policies and procedures, and data protection requirements.
9. Establishing comprehensive staff development plans, to achieve a high standard of professional practice in accordance with Achieving for Children policies, and to ensure compliance with the HCPC Standards of Proficiency, if applicable.
10. To participate in the Emergency Duty Team (EDT) rota.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV .