about 2 months ago
Teacher of the Blind - Newham
Remedy Education are currently recruiting for a Teacher of the Blind to join one of their schools support blind children.
The role will be school based paying between £150-220 depending on experience.
The following are necessary qualities for the right candidate.
- Be a qualified teacher of vision impairment and oversee pupils who require braille to access learning
- To lead on demonstrating, modelling and supporting schools and settings with the assessment of children and young people with visual impairment
- To advise on the effectiveness of, and when necessary justify the use of, specialised techniques and materials
- To provide support to schools and setting in the planning of learning and so that pupils access knowledge and skills identified an appropriate curriculum
- To assess and influence the development and direction of the work undertaken by other teachers, TAs and other support staff
- To liaise with the mobility and independence officer to contribute to their efficient deployment
- To oversee adaptation of learning materials
- To plan and deliver training including training in the use of specialised programmes and equipment
- To advice and support schools with preparation for, and support with transitions
- To actively maintain and develop up to date knowledge and skill in the field
- To attend support and supervision meetings, training days and other in-service activities