£400 - £450 per day
about 1 month ago
The post-holder will be leading key areas of work including health protection and providing input to the Council's COVID-19 response and delivery of the Local Outbreak Management Plan.
The post holder will be able to work independently without the need for substantial supervision. They will be confident to provide practical advice on infection prevention and control and outbreak management, particularly relating to COVID-19. The post-holder will be familiar with working with a wide range of stakeholders, including education and social care. They will provide specialist health protection input to the planning, commissioning and delivery of programmes.
The post-holder will be able to communicate clearly and will help to manage public and stakeholder perception and anxiety about emerging health protection issues.
The post-holder will be required to change topics or work across portfolio areas in line with the needs of the business whilst maintaining generic public health skills as necessary. The post-holder will have to adapt rapidly to shifting demands and priorities, and needs to be flexible and adaptable, with a high level of professional credibility.
The post holder will use their advanced knowledge and skills in a wide range of core public health and health promotion competencies to lead and support the strategic development, delivery and evaluation of public health programmes and services. Additionally, they will have the ability to critically appraise complex information from a range of sources; make recommendations and implement actions, based on a sound and thorough understanding and analysis of the evidence base, information and data.
The post holder will be educated to degree level in a relevant subject with a minimum of 3 years experience.
- Educated to MSc level in Public Health or related subject or substantial PH work experience.
- Proven experience of advice on infection prevention and control and outbreak management, particularly relating to COVID-19.
- Proven experience of managing and planning budgetary expenditure and income.
- Proven experience of facilitating change management and programme development
- Proven experience of staff management in accordance with corporate policies, demonstrated by an understanding of human resources policies and management strategies
- Proven experience of using innovative responses to handle new and challenging situations, related to a diverse range of public health subjects, and with extensive policy and/or service implications
- Proven experience of managing a diverse range of complex public health projects in a challenging, senior level (post-MSc) NHS and/or Local Authority role
- Application of public health and health promotion methodologies to the design, development (including workforce development), delivery, monitoring and evaluation of services of a highly complex and diverse nature.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.