£70 - £80 per day
about 1 month ago
1-1 LSA - SEN / Challenging Behaviour - KS2
I am working with a delightful primary school in the London Borough of Haringey who would like to appoint a learning support assistant to support pupils in the reception class who require additional learning support. The SENCO and headteacher of this positive, nurturing school would like to appoint someone with relevant skills and previous experience supporting children with special educational needs.
You will be providing whole class support as well as small group/1-1 support to children in KS2 who have a range of special education needs including speech and language, communication, behaviour and delayed learning. This role requires a positive, engaging, nurturing learning support assistant who able to manage behaviour.
The role is due to begin in September 2019 for the full academic year! If you are interested in the role, please do not delay getting in contact!!
The school is looking for a Learning Support assistant who:
* Has proven experience supporting children with special needs
* Ideally you will have a good knowledge of SEN - Personality, enthusiasm, and ambition are key!
* Commitment to the school and open to development
* Excellent communication skills - lively, animated, and with a good sense of humour
Learning Support assistant role requires someone who:
* Is confident, and able to set and maintain boundaries
* Knowledge of SEN and Challenging Behaviour
* Has a sense of FUN as well as assertive engaging, approach with the children
* Will demonstrate a commitment to the school and would like to progress in the school
The school offers
* CPD - brilliant training for all staff
* Long term role - potential for a permanent appointment at the end of the school year
Learning Support assistant
Long term, 5 days per week
Term time only
£70 - £80 per day
8.30am - 4pm
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as Learning Support assistant, Haringey Greater London or email