about 1 month ago
SEMH Teaching Assistant - Maldon, Essex
Remedy Education are looking for an SEMH Teaching Assistant with excellent mentoring and rapport building skills to work in a challenging and diverse environment with a highly vulnerable cohort of pupils in Maldon, Essex. This secondary school supports pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. This covers a wide range of needs and experiences ranging from trauma, neglect and sexual exploitation to challenging behaviour, drug use, anxiety and depression.
Learning programmes and interventions are mostly bespoke and developed specifically for each student or a small group with similar needs. Literacy and Numeracy interventions are essential as many learners have fallen behind in key areas due to past disruptions to education. Although students are aged 14-19 years of age, their literacy and numeracy levels will often be much lower than this and require a patient and creative approach.
- Education and training relevant to work in schools
- Experience supporting young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs
- Experience working in a school setting and managing challenging behaviour
- Strong Literacy and Numeracy skills to provide interventions
- The ability to track and monitor the progress of your students to ensure outcomes are achieved
- An understanding of societal inequalities and barriers to learning
- A genuine passion for supporting marginalised youth, patience and professionalism.