£30 - £35 per hour
5435 - Dee_1600349309
about 1 month ago
Qualified Social Worker, SPOC Team, Croydon
Remedy Social Care team are looking for experienced frontline Social Workers to work in a busy team based in Croydon.
The SPOC team is a fast paced team where important decisions are being made each day on children's needs and safety. It involves building effective and collaborative professional relationships with partners across the Borough.
You will assess and triage new referrals into SPOC to identify immediate risk and support prioritisation of SPOC action and decision making.
Main duties include:
- Carry a daily allocation of SPOC Assessments (new referrals) and to review current and historical information, gather additional information from parents/carers/children (as is appropriate) and a range of partner agencies to identify need, risk and harm.
- Make recommendations as to the level of support or statutory social work assessment or intervention needed for a child(ren); and to undertake this deliverable statutory and departmental timescales.
- Ensure all information ascertained, actions undertaken and social work analysis is recorded accurately; written in an appropriate child-focused manner; and within departmental timescales
- Provide consultation and advice to professionals regarding whether to make a referral into SPOC and/or how professionals can provide or signpost families to appropriate support.
- Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
- Registration with Social Work England
- Experience in effectively identifying and analysing strengths, need and harm with reference to how past history and current events impact on children and their future outcomes
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV to Dee Spencer on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.