£35 - £36 per hour + Negotiable + £150pw Accomodation Allowance
17 days ago
Qualified Social Worker, Children in Care Team, Basildon, £27,500 - £35,000pa
If you have experience working with Looked after Children and Child Protection we want to hear from you.
What does the job entail?
- Responsible for the management of your own caseload of child protection and child in need cases, or children looked after.
- Whilst this will include investigation, assessment and purposeful intervention, the primary role within Children and Families is to achieve positive change within families wherever possible, with the aim of enabling children to remain within their home.
- This will be achieved through implementation of the child protection, child in need plans and achieving permanency through care planning for children in care.
- Work with children and young people who are in care up to the age of 18. Children in care teams provide a high-quality service to children who are unable to live at home and are placed with foster carers or live in residential homes.
- Ensuring that all statutory requirements are met and include undertaking care proceedings, supporting children who return home, developing permanency plans which include SGO (special guardianship order) and adoption plans.
- Teams are committed to high quality work and engagement with all children in care to maximise the potential of young people. They work with a range of agencies, including health and education to ensure that care plans are effective.
- DipSW, CQSW, CSS or equivalent.
- Recent experience of working directly with children of all ages.
- Car driver/owner due to the nature of the role - you may need to travel out of the county. Free onsite parking is provided.
To find out more about this position, please contact Elliot Murphy on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.