Wigan, Greater Manchester
Up to £35 per hour + Negotiable
21 days ago
Qualified Social Worker - Wigan Council - Children in Care Team - Up to £35ph!
- The children in care Team Social Worker is responsible for a children in care case load, completion of Education plans, Looked after reviews, stat visits, drive for permanence and transition.
- The completion of Child and Family Assessments and Section 47 enquiries, including attendance at strategy meetings.
- Social Workers will be expected to undertake some Child in Need work.
- The transfer points for the team include at first CiN meeting for complex CiN work, ICPC and at First Hearing.
- Accordingly, Social Workers will be expected to prepare Initial Conference Reports and on occasions initiate proceedings and complete the Social Work Evidence Template.
- The teams are managed by a Team Manager and supported by an Advanced Practitioner. The teams have seven Social Workers and accordingly there is a good level of management support and oversight. A monthly supervision policy is in place and practitioner are expected to prepare in advance for supervision.
- An experienced Social Worker can expect to have no more than twenty-five children on their caseload. There is an expectation that assessments are completed efficiently are based on robust and proportionate information and sound analysis. Signs of Safety is the underpinning practice operating model.
- During Covid, agile working has been implemented with staff working from home. All visits are risk assessed to determine the appropriate method of contacting and working with children and their family.
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout the UK giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £300* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.