Amber Valley, Derbyshire
£28 - £32 per hour + Negotiable
2 months ago
Qualified Social Worker - Derbyshire County Council - Child Protection Team - Amber Valley - Up to £32ph!
Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake procedurally compliant assessments and section 47 enquiries that clearly identify levels and types of risk or need based on documented evidence.
- To record and analyse information gathered during the process of social care assessment in line with the case recording policy, local and national guidance and best practice principles.
- To undertake assessments in such a way as to lead to clear associated plans that address the issues identified for children in Derbyshire.
- To practice with a clear understanding of the relevant legislative principles, an up to date knowledge of research, emerging case law and best practice guidance.
- Engage with children, their carers and families in such a way as to clearly understand their circumstances, wishes and feelings and form conclusions which direct longer term interventions focussed on the best interests of the child.
- To have involvement in the process of taking and recording children's contacts and referrals, contributing to achieving a full understanding of the issues being referred, the relative urgency, the level of risk or need and the action needed in individual cases.
- Assist in the provision of court statements and prepare reports that may be required by the courts and bodies in connection with children's services.
- Prioritise in line with relative urgency/levels and types of risk and/or need and ensuring that children are safe and that their needs are met.
- Contribute to the functioning of the team by fully engaging with the support of colleagues, understanding and working within established processes and advising less experienced staff members.
- Contribute to the development of effective cross agency working both in individual cases and generally, where appropriate by providing representation to multi-agency meetings and forums.
- Have ownership of own professional development, by fully engaging with developmental supervision, critically evaluating own practice and ensuring up to date understanding of emerging case law, research and best practice guidance.
- Provide information, guidance and advice on availability of local services and practices relevant to work with children, young people and families.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that are not available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly to Danny Mansfield or Joe Hilton on the Social Care Team.