Kingston upon Thames, London
£300 - £350 per day
8 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Commissioning Manager to support our work within complex support. service design and development, needs assessment and reviews of community contracts, tender development and review of the commissioning team functions. The focus of the work is to ensure best practice, collaborative working and cost effectiveness in Adult Social Care. You will be part of the strategic and commissioning development team ensuring support across LD, MH, integration, older persons, and personalisation provisions used to meet the needs of those individuals who would benefit most. We are seeking talented, enthusiastic and experienced individuals to provide commissioning support in this area.
The successful candidate will need an excellent understanding of commissioning, a well-developed commissioning skill-set and experience in delivering commissioning outcomes across Adult Social Care. We welcome applications if you have the ability to work flexibly, and work to deadlines on your own and as part of a team and be able to find solutions to a variety of challenges. You will also have excellent communication skills in order to work collaboratively with health, housing and support providers to advocate on behalf of the Council and vulnerable adults.
You will help in developing new models of support, in order to maximise opportunities for individuals to achieve greater independence, and support and challenge existing practice in order to improve outcomes.
* Use creativity and innovation around support planning and share good practice.
* Maximise opportunities for individuals to achieve greater independence
* Remain outcome focused and deliver high level negotiation skills
* Have experience in service design and the full commissioning cycle The post holder will work closely with the Commissioning Service to identify gaps in the market and to develop an awareness and understanding of commissioning.
Other duties include:
* Supporting the Heads of Service to assess gaps in provisions
* Contract monitoring and management
* Provide an analysis of roles across commissioning to identify areas of improvement
* Report writing for Committee and SLT
* Needs assessment collation and analysis of data for future service design
* Other ad hoc duties
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.