£120 - £180 per day
about 1 month ago
Remedy Education are in urgent need of a History Teacher for an outstanding secondary school in Ealing.
* To teach History across the age range, according to departmental planning schemes of work and examination syllabi.
* To promote, monitor and support student learning and progress within the History Department.
* To contribute to the development of the History curriculum and the Department as a whole.
* Deliver the curriculum as relevant to the age and ability group that you teach
* Be responsible for the preparation and development of teaching materials and teaching programmes as appropriate.
* Be accountable for the attainment, progress and outcomes of pupils you teach.
* Be aware of pupils' capabilities, their prior knowledge and plan teaching and differentiate appropriately to build on these, demonstrating knowledge and understanding of how pupils learn.
* Work closely with teaching assistants and the Learning Support Department in delivering 'personalised learning' whenever reasonably possible.
* Set work for pupils absent from lessons in line with the school's teaching policies.
* Maintain standards of discipline according to the school's codes of conduct and in line with the school's rewards and sanctions programmes.