Up to £400 per day
about 1 month ago
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This post exists to provide organisational leadership and to influence practice in the Housing Services area of the Council and will mainly provide construction related procurement support and managing of major works procurements in this area
The role will report to Category Lead - construction and environment but will also have dotted reporting line to the Head of Property and Asset Management and will focus mainly on the procurement of refurbishment and maintenance contracts, providing holistic support to the Housing Division in respect of their procurements and commissioning, supplier relations, contract management, and through to contributing to quality assurance and service planning.
The post holder will contribute to commercial strategies, governance systems and procurement best practice through both strategic and operational activities, and will promote the benefits of procurement, demonstrating to managers and heads of service how effective procurement can improve service provision and add value to the Council tenants and leaseholders.
A significant part of this role will be to work with Category Lead - construction and environment to lead or contribute to the Housing Service development in the following areas:
- enhance construction procurement support to the Housing division
- provision of procurement support in the development of the Housing Asset Management strategy and its implementation including procurement of essential contracts identified as part of the delivery of the strategy
- oversee contracts negotiations and the contract management for major works and services procured by the Housing division
- Using a sound knowledge of procurement best practice, statute and contract case law, Council Standing Orders and Financial Regulations, project manage the procurement workstream for allocated projects, liaising with Council Officers, service users, service providers, specialist advisors (inc. legal, health and safety, financial, and equalities advisors) and other stakeholders as necessary.
- To lead on the most complex contract procurements using well developed skills of personal discretion and judgement.
- Management of other Housing specialist staff for the purposes of the project related work as required.
- To ensure that procurement is undertaken in accordance with the Council's Standing Orders, relevant legislative requirements and the Council's service priorities.
- To take the lead in ensuring that the principles of the Sustainable Procurement Strategy is translated into the contracting and contract management processes in the Housing division
- To lead on the development of project plan for each contract, having regard to the needs of the service (and in particular expiry dates of existing contracts and critical start dates for new contracts), the requirements of the procurement process with regard to Standing Orders and Public Procurement Legislation, section 20 consultation requirements and workload.
- To ensure that each project plan is adhered to or adjusted to reflect changed priorities or new developments, making sure that all relevant parties are informed of necessary changes.
- To check with the budget holder that realistic budget provision has been made for each contract, having regard to its whole life costs, before procurement is commenced.
- To advise the Project Sponsor in the identification of a Project Team for each contract (to include operational managers and specialist advisors including legal, financial, health and safety, and equalities advisors, as required).
- To ensure the placement of contract notices in the press and the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) as required.
- To oversee and coordinate the timely production all documents necessary for the tender process, including the terms and conditions of contract, service specifications and performance standards, and to liaise with members of the Project Team to ensure that service requirements promote Best Value.
- To act as the contact point for all selection questionnaire and tender queries, using judgement to direct queries to appropriate project team members and to determine when responses are commercially significant, requiring notification to all tenderers. Liaising with members of the Project Team as required.
- To coordinate the evaluation of selection questionnaires and tenders by the Project Team, leading on development and the reasonable application of evaluation criteria.
- To liaise with Council Procurement Lawyers, the Council's operational managers and external and internal providers to draw up agreements for services using appropriate standard forms of contract where appropriate adapted to meet the specific requirements of each service.
- To keep a complete and accurate record of each procurement process through to award of contract for audit purposes.
If this role is of interest please send your updated CV in the first instance.