about 1 month ago
EYFS Teaching Assistant - Canning Town, East London
Interested a career in primary education?
Are you passionate about supporting children at the beginning stages of their education?
Are you confident, positive and empathetic with bags of energy?
Look no further than our Early Years Teaching Assistant role!
As an Early Years Teaching Assistant, the role will see you support and nurture children in Nursery and Reception, while giving you the opportunity to gain more classroom experience.
To thrive as an EYFS TA, it's essential that you have:
- A positive, caring, energetic, can-do attitude
- Good subject knowledge of English and Maths
- The ability to monitor and record a child's progress
- An understanding of safeguarding children
- A genuine interest in aiding children's development
Duties include (but aren't limited to):
- 1:1 support with a child or small group
- Supporting the whole class
- Assisting the class teacher
- Communicating with parents
- Caring and looking after children during break times and lunch times
- Supervising children during activities
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Motivating children and being an excellent role model
Graduates or applicants holding an NVQ Level 3 qualification in Childcare or an Early Years Degree are welcome, as are experienced TAs. Personality, ambition, energy and a can-do attitude will be favoured regardless of academic background for this role.