Eastbourne, East Sussex
£300 - £350 per day
4 months ago
1. Be responsible for the appropriate delivery of services for children and families within a designated service area in accordance with statutory requirements, County Council policies, procedures and quality standards.
2. Achieve the annual performance targets for the designated service unit and personal Performance Development Scheme (PDS) targets; ensure that the PDS is fully implemented throughout the service managed.
3. Manage the budgetary performance of the designated service unit within the Departmental scheme of delegation.
4. Manage performance within the context of the Performance Assessment Framework, Performance Indicators, and agreed targets. Achieve an effective delivery of service through the management of people, and take responsibility for the formal operation of the County Council's policies and procedures including personnel related matters e.g. grievance, disciplinary procedures and contractual arrangements with external providers.
5. Recruit, retain and develop appropriately qualified staff to ensure the effective provision of services.
6. Be responsible for practising the management culture of East Sussex by offering effective training, regular supervision and encouraging new ideas and praising success.
7. Adjust priorities to balance needs and priorities, on a day-to-day basis.
8. Contribute to the development of Departmental policies and procedures in order to maintain and improve the quality of service.
9. Administer the Complaints Procedure within Departmental guidelines including Stage 2 complaints investigations to establish what remedial action if any is necessary.
10. Undertake continuous service improvement, utilising Best Value principles.
11. Brief Senior Management Team on problems needing resolution and highlight service achievements.
12. Ensure Local Offer information is correct, up to date and continuously improved for services in this area. 1
3. Where appropriate undertake the role of NVQ Assessor or Internal verifier as required to ensure that targets for NVQ qualifications are achieved.
14. To provide management support to Departmental out of hours services and where appropriate, participate with others on a rota.
15. Assist as required in implementing the Department's Emergency Plan in the event of a major incident, which will include responding and providing a home telephone number.
16. Take overall responsibility including planning and monitoring for the Health and Safety requirements of staff in accordance with statute, County Council and departmental policies and procedures, particularly to ensure that staff are appropriately trained and competent.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.