£450 - £500 per day
about 2 months ago
· To provide a service of consultation, advice and intervention to families, educational establishments and other agencies involved with children.
· To undertake psychological assessments of children and young people in the Borough, using methods that take account of a multi-cultural, ethnically diverse population.
· To work closely and in partnership with parents and carers in all cases throughout the assessment, intervention and monitoring process.
· To act as a referral, point for specified schools concerning all aspects of work related to Educational Psychology.
· To promote preventative measures in educational establishments, adopting a whole school approach where appropriate.
· To work with and advise a range of other services within the Children and Families Service.
· To liaise with other Council Departments and external agencies as appropriate to the needs of the clients.
· To negotiate and undertake joint work with professionals within the Children's Service and from other agencies in relation to individual children.
· To assist the Local Authority in meeting its statutory obligations to children with Special Educational Needs and to support inclusive practice for such students.
· To carry out all duties and responsibilities with regard to the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy.
· To undertake duties of a similar nature and at a similar level of responsibility to those described above which might be allocated from time to time.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.