£18 - £20 per hour
21 days ago
- To fulfil the requirements of the Children Act 1989 with relevant guidance and regulations; Planning transition to adulthood for care leavers under Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000, Volume 3: revised in Jan 2015; Children and Families Act 2014 and Children and Social Work Act 2017.
- To be fully engaged in the production and subsequent review of the pathway plan as prescribed by the Children (Leaving Care Act 2000).
- To be solely allocated to care leavers' cases within the Looked After Children and Permanency Service. This will involve carrying out assessments of need, Pathway Plans for Eligible, Relevant and Former relevant young people and providing practical and supportive services based on those assessments, within the London Borough of Brent's policies and procedures.
- To plan and deliver group work sessions for young people with specific needs
- To take part in a daily duty service to provide an emergency response to any care leaver or older looked after child whose own caseworker is away from the office
- To lead a multi-agency network around each young person and ensure that the input of all agencies e.g. youth offending, police, mental health and the National Asylum Seeking Service, is coordinated and effective and fulfils the agency's own statutory duties as well as the needs of the young person
- To carry out specific tasks and duties in relation to complex cases of young people aged 16 and 17 where the case responsibility is held by an allocated social worker.
- To undertake these duties within agreed departmental service objectives, policies and procedures and to promote the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy
- To ensure that case notes/pathway plans or other relevant information such as ID documents are regularly updated on our IT systems.
- To protect Council resources and ensure that services are provided within a limited budget through proactive financial planning, negotiating individual care packages and making recommendations on appropriate provision in each case.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.