East London, London
£350 - £400 per day
1 day ago
Overall Purpose of Job
- By fostering sustainable and effective partnerships, to lead on developing an even stronger LSCB in the Local Authority that co-ordinates and ensures the effectiveness of safeguarding arrangements across the multi-agency community.
- To ensure that the LSCB meets its statutory functions as set out in Working Together to Safeguard Children, including the commissioning of a Multi Agency Training programme based on a needs analysis and supporting evidence base.
- To work with senior officers across the children's partnership to ensure that the NSCB business plan reflects key priorities for all agencies.
- To lead on a number of work streams, including statutory section 11 auditing and multi-agency learning and development, in order to improve safeguarding practice across the partnership.
- To be the multi-agency key point of contact for the Independent LSCB Chair, in order to ensure the Chair is supported in championing safeguarding across the partnership.
- To provide expert level advice and guidance to the Child Death Overview Panel Manager and Chair in relation to the NSCB's role and statutory duties as necessary.
- To support the Service Manager, Quality Assurance, in discharging duties in respect of the Serious Case Review process, including identification and commissioning of learning and development requirements emerging from SCRs.
- To manage the NSCB Development Officer in order to ensure key operational objectives are achieved, including maintenance of multi-agency communication tools and the development of a multi-agency workforce development programme.
Training and development
- To lead the delivery of an effective training and development programme staff across Children's Services that supports effective safeguarding practice and intervention with children and young people and families
- To work with other senior officers in CYPS in order to drive forward social work improvement; in doing this, t develop and maintain effective systems for supporting the identification and commissioning of learning and development opportunities for social care staff within the safeguarding division in CYPS.
- To ensure that training opportunities across the social work workforce reflect core skills, knowledge and competency framework as well as local, national and international policy, procedure, guidance and research findings re best practice including the Munro Review and service redesign.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV.