£22 - £24.47 per hour
25 days ago
Our client, Worcestershire County Council is looking for a Social Worker to work with adults in need of care and support, and with their carers, is to promote their wellbeing
Main Activities & Responsibilities:
- Engaging with people to understand the reason for their contact and their presenting needs and to consider options for resolving these at an early stage.
- To ensure information and advice is provided in the most appropriate format to the individual.
- To identify with the individual the outcomes they wish to achieve.
- To work with the individual in their local environment supporting the individual to build support within their local community
- To determine eligibility under the Care Act 2014
- To undertake proportionate needs assessments/care and support plans within designated timescales, taking into account the individual, locally agreed performance standard`s.
- To work closely with primary care/community services/hospital teams/voluntary community services.
- To liaise with other professionals and carry out joint needs assessments as appropriate.
- To ensure assessments and care and support plans are person centred, asset based and outcome focussed, concentrating on what the person with care and support needs, or carer is able to do, maximising wellbeing within a whole family approach.
- To meet statutory requirements and follow best practice in relation to the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- To consider and arrange independent advocacy as required under the Care Act 2014.
- To consider eligibility for Continuing NHS Healthcare, completing CHC Checklists and referring on to request that a full Decision Support Tool is completed and contributing to this appropriate.
- To ensure that the needs of carers are identified and appropriately met through creative support planning.
- To ensure that carers are appropriately sign-posted to the range of information, advice and support services available
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.