£28 - £30 per hour
4 months ago
Our client, Wandsworth Council is looking for a Senior Occupational Therapist to join their team.
Main responsibilities include:
- To focus on individual's disruption to daily functioning and empower them to achieve their optimum level of independence through a wide range of 1:1 or group interventions relating to interests, skills, abilities, goals and risks.
- To support people in our care to establish healthy, meaningful routines with a balance between activities of self-care, leisure and productivity.
- To confidently use occupational therapy models and assessments such as MOHO to inform care plans and to assess progress and change. To be involved in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual care plans and risk assessments.
- To develop a unit-wide & individualised out of hours structured activity programmes and to support with the implementation of these activities. To support all staff in understanding the role of Occupational Therapy and purpose and function behind individual and group activities offered.
- To communicate effectively with the multi-disciplinary team and to develop good working relationships with other organisations that are able to help individuals achieve their goals, including Vocational Specialists, User Employment Co-ordinator, colleges, training providers and voluntary agencies.
- To work with individuals to facilitate access and engagement in a range of activities, working across boundaries of care and organisations. To ensure that patients understand and are assisted to engage in pathways of care across sector/agency boundaries.
- To deliver a high standard of support and care to patients and their carer's, promoting their equality, dignity and mental well being at all times.
- To work with people in our care to achieve their identified SMART goals.
- Clinical supervision and joint appraisal of junior Occupational Therapy staff and Occupational Therapy Assistants as well as provision of support in identifying individual learning needs.
- To engage in regular supervision and professional development activities consistent with the requirements of the post.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 1 year post qualifying experience
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly