£450 - £500 per day
21 days ago
We are keen to ensure best value for money from the services we commission to support people with Learning Disabilities. Across Richmond and Wandsworth Councils there are a range of commissioning arrangements in place that include block contracts and spot purchased arrangements with an annual value of £45 million. Our aim is to ensure there is greater value for money and that placement costs are rationalised and reflect the market price.
In addition , we are wanting to ensure there is greater governance and compliance in relation to our commissioning practices in conjunction with developing the local market to ensure the dynamic and changing needs of the population can be met in a timely manner. To promote the development of the market we are planning to introduce a provider framework across a number of thematic areas that include: residential and supporting services (bed based care) and community services that promote the independence and life skills of people with Learning Disabilities)
We are seeking a senior commissioner with significant experience of:
* Successfully leading provider negotiations.
* Developing in conjunction with service users and providers services specifications
* Implementing provider frameworks
* Leading high value and multiple procurement exercises
* Ensuring value for money and leading provider negotiations
* Developing the market in line with the Council's strategic ambitions and the local vision for people with Learning Disabilities
The key deliverables will be:
* Renegotiation of high cost placements with multiple providers
* Financial savings on placement costs
* Development of the local market by rationalising the use of single placements and building the capacity and volume of local providers in order to meet demand.
* Training of commissioners in negotiation styles
Financial incentives based on results will be considered.
The key deliverables will be to:
* Implement a bed-based care provider framework in Wandsworth to regulate the existing spot purchased arrangements and ensure value for money.
* Implement a provider framework for community support services in Wandsworth and increase the range of services available
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.