Waltham Forest, London
£600 - £630 per day
13 days ago
At Waltham Forest, they are ambitious for their people, their communities and their services. Driven by culture and the innate creativity of their residents, they have developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
As London's first Borough of Culture and the MJ Council of the Year, they are creating more opportunities to empower their residents and boost their life chances. THey are a Council bursting with energy and opportunity.
Their strong grasp of their finances mean that they can invest - in their residents, their place and their people. They are in the process of finalising their delivery roadmap for their Public Service strategy which sets out how they plan to take on the immediate challenges faced by residents, businesses and communities through the Covid-19 pandemic.
The scope of this work is extremely broad and ambitious. As our Head of Portfolio Management Office (PMO), your commitment and expertise will support the ongoing transformation of the Council and help enhance services to all residents and service users.
About the role: As their Head of PMO, you will support the effective delivery of change across Waltham Forest Council. You will be making sure that their Strategic Change portfolio is working within an effective change framework to enable the Management Board and key stakeholders to make decisions in an agile and timely fashion.
Key responsibilities include:
* Be responsible for the monitoring and administering of the Council's overarching portfolio of change
* Lead the identification, forecasting, procurement, development, deployment and reassignment of resources throughout the portfolio lifecycle
* Lead a team to follow the project and programme processes and standards to actively manage risks and issues and provide assurance.
* Lead creation, analysis and assurance of portfolio reports. Oversee tolerances, escalation triggers and investment gateways with programme and project teams.
* Understand the different project and programme dependencies and effectively manage these relationships
* Understand and communicate council's governance pathways, supporting the appropriate use of boards to ensure these are timely and effective.
* Develop and implement a measurement framework to monitor continuous improvement.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.