Tower Hamlets, London
Negotiable based on experience
3 months ago
Our client, Tower Hamlets is looking for a Social Worker to join their Children and Families team.
- Completing single assessments of parents and the potential risk to their child/children
- Working with parents with mental health issues, substance misuse and domestic violence
- Working with children and families with learning disabilities
- Undertaking Child Protection and Child in need home visits
- Section 47 investigations
- Carrying out duty work; making referrals and Assessments
- Writing court reports
- Working with diversity
- Actively contributing to team working, supporting colleagues, covering for colleagues in their absence and taking part in team meetings
- Prepare Child Protection conference report and Looked after child review reports
- Prepare court reports for care proceedings
- Prepare care plans for children and young persons
- Attend and participate in Child Protection conference and Reviews.
- Attend and participate in Looked after child review
- Organise and chair core group meetings with other professionals
- Participate in Strategy meeting with other professionals
- Attend and Chair placement planning meetings for Looked after children
- Prepare and monitor and review care packages for looked after children
- Organise and chair to prepare and review Child in Need agreement meetings with other professionals
- Carry out viability assessment on prospective kinship carers
- Attend and contribute to various multi-disciplinary meetings these include Child Protection Conferences; Child in Need Meetings, complex professionals meeting and Pre-proceedings meetings under the Public Law Outline.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.