Tower Hamlets, London
£40 - £42 per hour
15 days ago
A Fostering Team Manager is required to be responsible for managing a team of six supervising social workers and a trainer.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Provide leadership and management of the team ensuring there is a clear focus on purpose and outcomes
- Ensure the team achieve the required outcomes, including a strong focus on children and families, to include the ongoing identification of the needs of the client group
- Achieve positive outcomes for children within the social care system, ensuring that children are safeguarded through effective decision making and practice
- Ensure social work intervention in the lives of children and families is of a consistently high standard and meets the needs of Tower Hamlets diverse communities
- To ensure equality of access to social work services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage the team in the Service within Children's Social Care to meet the objectives of the organisation, the service, the team and the individual performance plan for the post
- To take a lead in project / functional management of a development within or on behalf of the Service when required
- To lead and manage the Team to ensure there is a clear sense of purpose, a strong focus on children and families, and a high level of achievement of objectives
- To actively participate as a member of the Service Management Team and contribute to operational and strategic management of the Service, and where appropriate the wider children's social services directorate. Deputise for Manager when required
- To manage teams in your service area to agreed national and local standards. This includes ensuring the delivery of the Council's performance management framework in your agreed management area
- To support key service partnerships and, where agreed, joint management arrangements with other key agencies such as health, education, housing and the voluntary sector
- To take responsibility for, and be accountable for, service delivery, including ensuring your team meets Ofsted and other statutory standards and performance indicators
- To create and maintain a team development plan for your team area and involve stakeholders, including children & carers, appropriately in the development of the strategy, ensuring that the strategy sets out a clear direction for the team including how the design of the work of the team meets the needs, and the standards of practice, parameters, policy and processes that will apply.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.