7 months ago
Team Manager - Fostering & Adoption Team - Surrey
Our Client based in Surrey requires an experienced social worker to work within a Fostering and Adoption Team as a Team Manager. Team Manager within a similar social work setting is required.
The successful Team Manager should be comfortable working within a challenging and fast paced environment.
The role holder deputises for the Service Manager in ensuring operational effectiveness of the teams, overseeing workloads and supervising social workers and family support workers. They take responsibility for ensuring all cases are safely managed and in exceptional circumstances this may require them to manage a case directly to ensure safe resolution
Benefits of the role as a Team Manager
- Competitive rate of pay
- Supportive management structure
- Progression prospects
- CV enhancement
Experience Required for the Senior Social Worker role
* Provide leadership and professional support to colleagues and other professionals in situations of high complexity.
* Apply extensive knowledge of practice, theory and legislation to enhance practice, procedures and policies, promote innovation, and introduce new ways of working from recognised sites of excellence.
* Make use of sophisticated, critical reasoning and both model and facilitate reflective and evidence-informed practice.
Assessment and Review
* Support and encourage professional decision-making in others, to enable assessment procedures to be used discerningly in response to the presenting needs.
* Maintain and provide expertise in specialist assessment and intervention and support others to develop these skills.
* Model the effective assessment and management of risk in complex situations, across a range of situations, including positive risk taking situations.
* Provide professional leadership on safeguarding issues in collaboration with other senior members of the team.
* Provide support to resolve concerns about practice.
* Manage a defined team or area providing clear organisation, direction and development.
* Provide professional support, advice and/or supervision.
* Monitor and support the performance management and development of team members using a coaching approach, to support individual development and ensure that individual contributions are maximised.
Work with others
* Promote positive working relationships in and across teams and with partners in statutory, voluntary and third sector organisations, using strategies for collaboration and arbitration.
* Contribute to and provide professional leadership of organisational change and development and address performance management issues that arise
You will need for the Team Managers Fostering and Adoption role:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Experience within a Team Manager role
- Soical Work Degree
For more information Please call Bronte on 0208 418 7677 for more details or email your CV over today!
Why Choose Remedy Recruitment Group?
* Competitive pay rates
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge