Eastbourne, East Sussex
£10 - £13 per hour
28 days ago
Main Purpose of Job
The person appointed will work for the Service and part of the team who support hearing impaired pupils in the school. The post holder will be under the direction of the Head of Hearing Support Facility (Teacher of the Deaf) and will assist in the support and inclusion of hearing impaired pupils in the mainstream school. The ideal candidate will hold a BSL qualification but it is not imperative.
A. Supporting the pupil
1. To develop knowledge of a range of learning support needs and to develop an understanding of the specific needs of the deaf pupil to be supported.
2. Taking into account the learning support involved, to aid the child to learn as effectively as possible both in group situations and on his/her own.
B. Supporting the teacher
1. To assist, with teachers (and other professionals as appropriate), in the
2. In conjunction with the teacher of the deaf and/or other professionals, to maintain a system of recording children's progress.
3. To contribute to the maintenance of children's progress records.
4. To participate in the evaluation of the support programme.
5. To provide regular feedback to the teacher.
C Supporting the school
1. Where appropriate, to develop a relationship to foster links between home and school.
2. To liaise, advise and consult with other members of the team when supporting children where directed to do so.
3. To contribute to reviews of children's progress, as appropriate.
4. To attend relevant in-service training.
5. To be aware of school procedures.
6. To be aware of confidential issues linked to home/pupil/teacher/school work and to keep confidences appropriately.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.