£160 - £200 per day
4 months ago
Can you nurture supportive relationships with children and young people by drawing on your own life skills and experience? If so, my Greenwich based Primary school would be glad to hear from you. We are looking to recruit people with a passion for working with children. We are totally committed to improving outcomes for our children and we know that it is through our staff that we can achieve this objective.
Due to expansion, we are currently recruiting for a full time SEN Teacher to deliver innovative teaching to pupils in KS2. We welcome applications from candidates who have teaching experience within secure educational units. To ensure the correct staff balance and dynamics, we are keen to recruit male & female team members.
Salary Range : £160 - £200 per day
Permanent- Full Time, long term
Monday to Friday
Responsibilities and Duties
- To plan, prepare and deliver a range of lessons and evaluate these activities to inform future learning. You will develop your programmes using the National Curriculum as a framework or alternative curriculum programmes and ensure we meet the diverse needs and interests of each child.
- To maintain individual records for each child based on observation and interaction, in order to monitor and track their progress and as a tool for planning and assessment.
- To direct the teaching assistants/learning support assistants assigned to the class and work supportively and collaboratively as part of this small team.
- To work in close partnership with parents/carers/multi agency teams.
- To behave in a warm, friendly, yet professional, manner towards colleagues, children and parents/carers.
- To share responsibility with colleagues for the general upkeep of the classroom, to include care of resources and equipment and to encourage the children to do the same.
- To share responsibility for presentation of the children's work and for compilation of interest areas and displays.
- To attend and participate in meetings as required.
- To attend any INSET sessions and/or training for professional development to keep informed of current legislation and practice.
Qualifications and Skills
Suitable candidates will need to have at least 2+ years' experience teaching children who have special and/or additional needs/or SEMH, a teaching qualification-QTS or equivalent (or be willing to work towards) and GCSE English & Maths or equivalent.
Job Type: Full-time
- teaching: 2 years