£180 - £205 per day
14 days ago
Long term perm
Teacher of the Deaf - KS1 -School for the Deaf - BSL - London Borough of Lambeth - ASAP Start
A rare opportunity has arisen within a school based in the London borough of Lambeth for an outstanding Teacher of the Deaf working with Deaf pupils in KS1.
In addition to being a qualified Teacher, an additional qualification with BSL Level 2 is essential for this role. Additional qualification or experience in KS1 is desirable. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with a group of students based within the KS1 department.
- Qualified Teacher Status
- BSL Qualification Level 2 upwards
We are looking for outstanding teachers of the deaf who:
- Are committed to ensuring every Deaf child reaches their full potential.
- Are creative and innovative in their teaching.
- Are resilient and able to demonstrate a positive caring attitude.
- Are able to effectively lead a team.
- Are highly organised and able to plan, model and deliver outstanding teaching.
- Are committed to working in partnership with families and other professionals to achieve the best outcomes for pupils.
- Have substantial experience in organising and delivering events and training for families and professionals.
- Embrace change and innovation positively.
- The post is initially a temporary position with a view to going permanent for the right person.
- As a specialist SEN teacher, you will be involved in the marking and planning of lessons. Class sizes may vary from day to day but are typically small groups so marking is significantly lower than in a mainstream school.
- All classes have 2 or 3 teaching assistants also so there is plenty of support available to you.
- The school is for deaf children so you will need a BSL level 2 or above qualification. Although the school is very large it is a very close knit community, and everyone helps to support one another to ensure pupils thrive.
- The school have some of the best equipment for their pupils.
- The successful teacher will be driven and motivated and will genuinely want to make a difference.
- You will be part of the school with an OFSTED rating of "GOOD" and they are keen to maintain that score and push for the school to be the best it can be.
To find out more about this position please contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education.