Tameside, Greater Manchester
Up to £30 per hour
13 days ago
Our client Tameside Council are looking for a QSW to join their OT team.
* To provide a Specialist Occupational Therapy Service for children/young people who have disabilities, complex health needs or chronic illness, social and housing needs.
* To assess the needs of disabled children/young people, including those with long term conditions, terminal illness and behavioural problems, in the community
* To provide a specialist response in complex and highly complex cases, formulating and implementing intervention plans aimed at reducing the impact of disability and ill health.
* To give evidenced consideration to the voice of the child/young person and their families.
* Working in a multi-agency way with employees of Tameside MBC, Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust and other agencies, by providing professional advice including disability equipment, adaptations and manual handling.
* Manual handling/ergonomic risk assessment and development of handling plans to reduce risk for informal carers.
* To manage a complex caseload as an autonomous practitioner, evidencing high level problem solving and reasoning skill
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.