Tameside, Greater Manchester
£30 - £35 per hour
7 days ago
Our client Tameside is looking for a QSW to join their Fostering team.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Fostering Social Worker. The role will be working within a strong team and you will help to make a difference to the lives of cared for children .Our service is also absolutely committed to the 7 Corporate Parenting principles and the successful candidate will continue to ensure these principles are embedded across our service delivery and that the voice of the child and young person is at the centre of all our planning processes.
As a Fostering Social Worker, you will work alongside children's social workers to identify and support foster carers to provide responsive care to children and young people in need of a family.
The Key Responsibilities of the role are::
- Undertaking assessments of perspective foster carers and connected persons foster carers.
- Providing regular support and supervision to carers, in line with agency procedure,
- Participate in the recruitment of potential carers, and identify training needs of foster families and deliver training as required.
- Working with colleagues within children services to review and understand the needs of cared for children and to support with matching children to our carers. To work in partnership in responsive approaches to help identify any needs within the foster family and with all other members of the child's network, including contribution to all relevant meetings and other task defined.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships with partner agencies to achieve best outcomes for children and young people
As a successful applicant, you will have:
- Experience of working with children and young people within the past 2 years including having skills/experience relative to fostering
- Experience of working with foster carers
- Experience of working to high quality standards on tight timescales requiring use of personal initiative, self-motivation, and a can-do attitude to your work
- CQSW/Dip. SW or equivalent
- Social Work England registered
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.