Tameside, Greater Manchester
£30 - £35 per hour
9 days ago
Our client Tameside council are looking for 8 QSW to join their Neighbourhood teams
Here's just some of the reasons why you should choose Tameside:
- We offer excellent rates of pay of up to £35 per hour depending on experience
- We offer flexible working, including part time hours
- We have an excellent induction programme for all our new staff
- The peer support in Tameside is second to none
- All staff receive regular supervision and work in a supportive culture
- We listen to our staff and act on feedback in a variety of ways through having regular team meetings, employee engagement sessions and staff surveys.
- We have a comprehensive workforce development programme which provides lots of opportunities to help staff grow
- Staff are provided with the technology, including a laptop and mobile phone to enable flexible working
- Direct supported by a Practice Manager and also two Team Managers in each of our Neighbourhood teams.
Don't just take our word for it!
Here's what one of our agency social workers says about working in Tameside Children's Services:
"I have only worked at Tameside since July and I already know that I would like to secure a permanent post here in the future. I love the friendly culture of the team and strong leadership from the Managers. A workplace that understands my own family commitments is important to me and at Tameside the flexible working system ensures I still have a good work life balance. Also the office car parking is an added bonus "
You will be joining a neighbourhood Social Work team and hold a varied case load ranging from initial assessment, direct work with children and families, court work and formulating and implementing SMART plans
You will work on a duty rota one in every 3 weeks and have the autonomy in managing your diary
Further great reasons to work in Tameside
Tameside is a forward-looking borough to the east of Greater Manchester. It embraces nine towns each with its own identity and personality. The borough is an attractive place to live, combining a mix of urban and rural landscapes that include historic market towns, a canal network and industrial heritage areas.
The borough is vibrant and well connected with plenty to offer its residents, including:
- Great schools and colleges.
- Excellent public transport connections across the region.
- Affordable housing in a range of urban and rural locations.
- Stunning countryside all within a short train journey from Manchester city centre.
- The peak district is only a short drive away too!
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.