£450 - £451 per day + Negotiable
Ben - SPO_1652692881
about 2 months ago
Havering Council are looking for a Senior Procurement Officer to join their service.
We are looking for a highly competent officer who can lead on a high number of construction/ housing related projects. He/She needs to be a self-starter requiring minimal management support. The appointee will need to comply with the Councils Contract Standing orders and formal gateway process. MCIPS / or construction related equivalent experience.
- Manage the end to end procurement process for more routine requirements (Tier 3) and working with clients to ensure they are advised and supported on the use and application of provisions contained within the Councils' standing orders and procurement legislation.
- Responsible for developing and delivering routine strategic sourcing activity within the department, including review of appropriate routes to market, options appraisals and agreeing recommendations with service users.
- To forecast and deliver savings and other sources of value to support councils' objectives/priorities.
- For routine procurements, to ensure contract preparation, tenderer selection, tender evaluation and contract controls are implemented and operated throughout the council in a corporate, consistent and co-ordinated manner.
- To advise and assist service users to ensure the delivery of an efficient and effective strategic procurement process
- To promote a positive outward profile that encourages contractors, suppliers and service providers to be confident in their supply chain relationship with the Councils.
- Represent the Councils' interests at regional buying consortia and the negotiation of regional procurement contracts for routine goods and services. Ensure the Councils' are gaining maximum value from participation in regional consortia.
- Assist with ensuring the delivery of sustainable procurement outcomes.