Stockport, Greater Manchester
£29 - £30 per hour
19 days ago
our client Stockport Council is looking for a Qualified Social Worker to join their MASH team.
Stockport's Multi Agency Safeguarding and Support Hub (MASSH) is the 'front door' to Stockport Family services where support or safeguarding needs have been identified for a child and their family.
As a First Response Social Worker within the MASSH you will be required to respond to contacts from families, professionals and anonymous sources in a timely way to identify and secure the most appropriate service to support and safeguard children and families. You will communicate with families, partner agencies and members of the public to enable you to analyse historical and current concerns in order for you to carry out timely multi-agency MASSH assessments with recommendations. You will have a good understanding of statutory social worker functions and be confident in making informed threshold decisions.
As a First Response Social Worker you will:
- Ensure you provide an effective, coordinated response to the needs of children, young people and families identified through MASSH enquiries.
- Identify and secure the most appropriate service to support and safeguard children and families.
- Be accountable to the First Response Team Leader for the enquiries you undertake and to contribute to the decisions that are reached within Stockport MASSH ensuring that all children and families are protected and safeguarded
- Be accountable for providing high quality front-line service delivery
Stockport is Ofsted rated Good (2017) and works within a restorative practice model, building positive and trusting relationships with children, families and colleagues to achieve good outcomes.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.