£30 - £32.34 per hour
27 days ago
Our client, Staffordshire County Council is looking for a Senior Practitioner to join their Safeguarding team.
The Specialist Social Worker will work for the Local Authority to fulfil roles and responsibilities for strategic safeguarding activity extended to but not are limited to Key tasks of the role and service will include:
1. Support the management of the Temporary/Transfer Child Protection Plans on a weekly basis.
2. Complete Child Protection statutory visits for the specialist safeguarding units on behalf of the other Local Authority that have requested assistance from Staffordshire for a safe and well visit. Ensure that visits are recorded in a timely fashion and shared with the other Local Authority.
3. Support area team based social workers to provide a professional social work response to cases where cross border matters require the intervention of the LA.
4. Promote the efficiency of timely requests for Initial Health Assessments (IHAs) for children who have become Looked After After and ensure that they have been requested using an effective tracking system.
5. Support the Specialist Safeguarding Manager with the Local Authorities response to Serious Case Reviews, i.e. provided evidence relating to lessons learnt and identified areas for improvement.
6. Support the Specialist Safeguarding Manager with the Local Authority's response to CP-IS (Child Protection Information Sharing NHS England initiative) notifications.
7. Support the development of policies and procedures in existing and emerging areas of social work practice, working closely alongside the Specialist Safeguarding Manager. This will include the development of good practice guides and the awareness of these. 8. Support the management of the CSE (Child Sexual Exploitation) Panels working closely alongside the CSE Coordinator by 9. Providing advice, support and guidance to practitioners in the Authority regarding CSE. 10. Providing advice, guidance and support to the First Response Team regarding any new referrals in respect of CSE to ensure expert advice is provided at an early point.
You will need to be:
Social work england registered
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 1 year post qualifying experience
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly