Up to £30 per hour
about 1 month ago
Qualified Social Worker - Adults Team - Southwark - Up to £32 per hour
We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced mental health Social Worker to join the Southwark Mental Health Adult Social Care - Care and Support Team
The Care and Support Team is a specialist Mental Health Social Care Team. We provide Social Care support to community dwelling adults with eligible Care and Support needs arising predominantly due to their mental health difficulties.
We work closely alongside South London and Maudsley Mental Health NHS Trust and NHS Primary care services who hold responsibility for the client's health care needs arising from their mental health difficulties.
You will work closely with the Occupational therapists and Assistant practitioners to support clients in their ongoing recovery journey, supporting their recovery though prevention and reduction of need.
Your caseload will consist of the following:
Complex case management- you will support these individuals with ongoing complex challenges related to their social care needs.
Approximately 25 annual review cases- you will review these individuals in a timely way to ensure that their care needs are being appropriately met though strength based social care assessment and provision.
You will undertake duty as part of the team rota.
The team is based in new offices at Castlemead Estate, 232 Camberwell Road, Southwark.
The team currently has a hybrid model with regard to remote and office based working. You will be expected to work in the office on team days (currently a minimum of two days a week but under continuous review based on the changing landscape of the pandemic and needs of the services).
Your main responsibilities include:
* Hold and effectively manage a complex and varied caseload with appropriate supervision, guidance, and support, reflecting the function of the team and the Vulnerable People Service in accordance with policy, procedures, guidance and legislation.
* Undertake work within legislative frameworks including the preparation of written statements and representations to the judiciary at Court hearings.
* You will be accountable for complex decision making in relation to caseloads ensuring professional judgement, service user involvement, needs led assessment, critical reflection, and analysis to inform this.
* You will identify and assess levels of risk and need (within statutory frameworks) in often complex situations. Undertake safeguarding investigations and deliver protective and/or supportive services for individuals at risk and maintain up to date assessments, care plans and reviews.
* You will be preparing statements of need/care and support plans, in consultation with other agencies as appropriate, that reflect the wishes of the individual and lead to the commissioning of personalised packages of care.
* You will undertake direct work with adults and their families in line with care plans.
* You will work co-operatively with both internal and external colleagues across multi - agency boundaries.
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* 2 years+ post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
If interested, please apply within or send your CV