Up to £550 per day
about 1 month ago
Purpose of role
To plan and manage the delivery of a number of projects and initiatives agreed as part of the Council's suite of activity, delivering within agreed parameters to achieve successful outcomes and to ensure projects are executed effectively.
- To initiate, plan and manage the delivery of projects and initiatives in line with council priorities.
- Successful achievement of agreed project outcomes (including benefits realisation), through active delivery management.
- To engage with key stakeholders and ensure effective communication and support for project.
- Overall ownership of the project budget, ensuring all resources are balanced and deployed appropriately.
- Maintaining formal project controls (schedule, cost, risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies) - ensuring these are visible, accessible, updated and acted upon.
- Active identification and escalation of dependencies, including appropriate engagement with other projects (within and outside the programme).
- To ensure projects contribute to achievement of relevant programme outcomes and benefits.
- Managing third party costs and contributions to the project.
- Ensuring mechanisms are in place to positively embed and sustain required changes.
- Line management of other PMO team members, and functional matrix management of wider project team resources.
- To actively contribute to the development of the project and change management capability within the council.
- To work flexibility and collaboratively to ensure the success of the team.
- Line management of Business Analysts, Project/Programme Support Officers and potentially other team members.
- Chairing project boards and other project related meetings.
- Project Managing assigned projects/ work streams
- Owning and managing project budgets (up to £1m+)
- Line Manager - Programme Manager
- Project teams (direct and extended)
- Service Directors and Service Leads
- Strategic Partners
- HR Strategy Managers
- Third party suppliers
- Key Service Area stakeholders (as defined by the project)
Core responsibilities and Deliverables
- To manage PMO team members, projects and services within budget.
- To comply with the Council's financial policies and requirements.
- To identify and propose opportunities for innovation, commercialisation, cost savings, cost recovery or income generation.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.