Solihull, West Midlands
Up to £16.25 per hour
6 days ago
Our client Solihull Council is looking for a Social Worker - Adult Services, hospital and post discharge team.
Previous and recent experience of the D2A pathways and completing Care Act assessments, long term care and support plans, mental capacity assessments and safeguarding.
Working with people who have recently been discharged from acute settings to short term services, attending MDT's with health colleagues.
Supporting with the duty function within the team.
Must be able to work in site when required and attend care placements to complete assessments. Office base in Solihull and heartlands hospital.
Previous experience of using LAS social care systems would be desirable.
Immediate start required.
To ensure the consistent and effective delivery of the Solihull Adult Social Care Offer 'Our Offer to You' to Solihull citizens.
To work in a person centred way with people, carers and families to promote independence and well being. To prevent and delay future care needs whilst maximising people's own strengths and networks. Ensure that public resources are used efficiently.
To primarily support those people or carers with high level / complex needs or who are in high risk situations
Main Job Role
- To operate at all times within the professional ethics and disciplines of social work as described by the HCPC Social Worker Standards of Proficiency.
- Engage and develop positive working relationships in order to effectively support people and carers involving advocates and other professionals where appropriate
- Undertake holistic asset based assessment and review of a person or carer's needs and outcomes.
- Apply the National Eligibility Criteria consistently and fairly ensuring that people understand the rationale behind decision making.
- Provide comprehensive sign posting, information and advice to promote the person's independence and wellbeing, meeting their needs and outcomes
- Facilitate the development of Care and Support plans (and Carer's Support Plans) which are outcome focussed, realistic and represent value for money, maximising the use of community resources and informal networks
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.