£75 - £80 per day
about 1 month ago
Remedy Education are recruiting for Special Educational Needs TA's around the Greenwich area to support primary aged children in a special needs school. The role will involve supporting children across all Primary Phases from Nursery up to Year 6, who have moderate to severe learning difficulties.
As a SEN TA, you will already have experience and an understanding of additional needs such as Autism, ADHD, Complex Needs, PMLD, Global Development Delay, SEMH, Severe Learning Difficulties, Epilepsy and more.
You will work under the guidance/instruction of a class teacher to undertake work/care/support programmes, to enable access to learning for pupil and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area under the guidance of teaching staff.
As an SEN Teaching Assistant you should:
* Have recent experience of SEN (School experience is desired but not essential - we will accept individuals from a support worker or care background )
* Be calm and patient, due to the complex needs of the children
* Be comfortable in providing personal care
* Be able to communicate effectively within a team
* Be available immediately for a minimum of 3 days per week and can commit to the working hours of 8.30am - 3.30pm (Mon-Fri)
* Have a good sense of humour - ESSENTIAL!
* Ideally have a DBS on the update service (or be willing to apply for one)
If interested in this position, please apply directly today or call Carly Walters on, 0208 418 1390.
There is an immediate need at this school, so successful candidates will be contacted within 48 hours and registrations will be conducted over a video platform.