Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £32.34 per hour + Negotiable
6 months ago
Senior Practitioner - Duty Team - Birmingham Social Services - £32.34
- Manage a caseload of complex and difficult cases to a high standard to ensure resources are utilised effectively.
- Provide a high quality resources of professional social work knowledge and expertise to a team of Social Workers, to include supervision, group meetings, assisted fieldwork, attendance in court, case audits and reviews, to assist the team in ensuring that it carries out its core tasks to a high standard.
- Provide coaching and mentoring support to Social Workers, including those undertaking post qualifying training, to support and further their professional knowledge and development to impact upon the overall quality of practice within teams.
- Attend court, where appropriate, to assist the team in ensuring that key professional input and expertise is provided to high profile and sensitive cases.
- Undertake staff supervision as directed by the Team Leader according to the needs of the team.
- Act as Practice Assessor to support student placements.
- Liaise regularly with peer colleagues throughout the Directorate to ensure social work staff deliver existing and new practices consistently and to a high standard across the Directorate.
- Contribute to the development of new initiatives through attendance on Working Groups, multi-agency forums, training courses and acting as lead for identified pieces of Directorate initiatives, i.e. planning for permanence and research work, to develop current and new ways of working that meet service requirements.
- Maintain awareness of changes in legislation and related policies and practices and ensure all social work staff are also informed of these changes to enable consistent and timely implementation.
- Degree in Social Work, CQSW/DipSW or equivalent and registration as a social worker with the HCPC
- Evidence of relevant professional development
- Substantial diverse experience of working with children and families, of which some should be post qualification experience
- Demonstrate experience of working with complex family situations some of which must be in a statutory childcare setting.
At Remedy Recruitment Group, you will receive a personal one-one service from your dedicated consultant.
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To find out more about this role, please call Elliot Murphy on 020 418 7676