Trafford, Greater Manchester
£35 - £37 per hour + Depending on Experience
about 1 month ago
Senior Practitioner - Complex Needs Team - Trafford Council - Up to £37ph!
- As the Senior Practitioner on the Complex Needs team you will support the team leader in ensuring high quality social work is undertaken with our children and young people with complex needs. We define complex needs as those children with complex autism at risk of coming into care or children with learning disabilities. In working with this group you will provide high quality casework advice for children in need, children looked after, child protection and court work.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for a practitioner, interested in leadership opportunities, to be a key member of a dynamic team working with some of the most complex children and situations. You will use all your social work skills as well as learn new ones as you develop your understanding of this fascinating and evolving field of practice.
- The work is complex and fast paced however you will have a limited caseload as you will be supporting other workers and provide leadership support to the Complex Needs pathways.
- The senior practitioner post plays a key role in ensuring the Preparing for Adulthood (PfA) agenda is driven forward. Preparing for Adulthood is a key developmental moment for young people and you will manage the PfA: Complex Needs Pathway and ensuring the PfA landmarks are undertaken including ensuring relevant applications to the Court of Protection.
- You will provide leadership and casework supervision to the Short Break team. You will provide supervision to four members of the team, provide assurance and quality control of assessments and plans. You will ensure that children and young people transfer successfully between the short break team and the social work team as their needs change.
- You will provide supervision and work allocation to the family support workers.
- You will provide advice and guidance to partner teams and agencies as they support their children with disabilities"
- We have a strong vision for social work practice in Trafford and are developing a new approach to social work by embedding Restorative Practice throughout the service. There is a commitment to low caseloads with embedded supervision and strong supportive managers. You will be developed into an excellent practitioner through a comprehensive Continuous Package of Development.
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout the UK giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.