Up to £500 per day
10 days ago
Working as part of the Council's Procurement & Commercial Service you will bring deep subject expertise to a specialist area or business portfolio and work in close partnership with a Head of Commercial. You will promote strong co-ordination and technical consistency across your designated portfolio as well as identifying cross cutting and strategic procurement opportunities. This is one of several posts in the Procurement Service that work flexibly to support the commercial needs of the Council.
You will demonstrate deep commercial awareness and technical expertise across your area of specialism. You will need to build good working relationships with stakeholders at all levels, and particularly with your Head of Commercial, as well as commissioners, senior managers, budget holders and other specialists who are involved all stages of the tender process through to contract award. You will be committed to your own professional development and promote good practice within the team and more widely across the council. Specifically, you will;
* Work closely with a designated Head of Commercial to oversee and co-ordinate the delivery of a work across your area of specialism;
* Ensure technical consistency and identify cross cutting and strategic procurement and innovation opportunities within your area of specialism;
* Act as a deputy for your designated Head of Commercial;
* Lead high value/high risk tenders through all stages of the process from initiation (Gate 0) to contract mobilisation (Gate 4).
* Act as a practice lead in your area of specialism;
* Understand how sustainability and social value can be secured through tenders undertaken across your area of specialism;
* Develop evaluation models to achieve the desired outcome and best value for money;
* Secure efficiency and other operational improvements from your work;
* Seek to create and where possible develop markets to ensure a competitive environment for the council to procure and secure its services;
* Ensure effective communication and engagement with stakeholders and partners (including external suppliers);
* Assess and manage the risk associated with activities across your portfolio including the development and assessment of the financial robustness of bidders during the tendering process and post award;
* Keep aware of relevant policy, best practice and legislative changes, market and supplier innovation taking place in your portfolio;
* Promote good commercial practice within the team and more widely across the council.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.