Waltham Forest, London
£70 - £90 per day
about 1 month ago
SEND (SEMH) Teaching Assistant required to join a good' school in the borough of Waltham Forest.
- The school is looking for an enthusiastic and inspirational TA to work with students with social, emotional and mental health needs.
- Students returning to school after a long hiatus are likely to face a range of different struggles and feelings and will require support from TA's such as yourself.
- Your role will be to facilitate an environment in which students build relationships, enhance their feelings of self-worth and develop a desire to learn The successful applicant will have a passion for working with pupils and assisting them on their journey, which may have included all manner of setbacks in and outside of education. You will have a varied role, which involves supporting the teacher in all aspects to ensure that pupils receive the most effective support. You will be able to demonstrate a practical, hands-on approach to supporting teaching and be prepared to go above and beyond. The role of Teaching Assistant is offered on a full time/ permanent basis, working 40 hours per week (during term time only).
- The school is looking to appoint a flexible, dynamic and dedicated individual with experience, or interest, in working with pupils with Special Educational Needs. your duties will include:
- Providing day to day classroom support to the children, and assisting with pupil behaviour
- Committing to raising the aspirations and achievement of all our pupils
- Establishing good relationships and acting as a role model
- Encouraging students to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher in order to improve professional development
- Helping to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources Key Skills Required:
- Maths and English Language GCSE C/4 or above, or equivalent qualification
- Understanding of the current national curriculum
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to recognise and manage challenging behaviour
If you have the required experience and attitude, please contact Renee on 02084181390 or send me over your CV