£180 - £230 per annum
30 days ago
We are looking for an experienced SENCO to join our bright and vibrant school located in a lovely area of Lewisham.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious two form entry school that offers great support and opportunities for all their staff.
We are seeking an innovative and highly effective SENCo who will be required to lead, develop and manage a high standard of provision for learners with SEN, ensuring that the standards of attainment and achievement are high and SEN students make accelerated and sustained progress.
You will ideally have a detailed working knowledge of the SEN Code of Practice and experience of delivery within this framework with experience of working with young people with SEN in a primary setting.
The perfect candidate will have:
* Outstanding understanding of special needs a real passion for diversity, inclusion and equality
* experience of working with and making a difference to SEND children
* co-ordinating provision for SEN children and overseeing their records
* evident skills in team work and team building
* confidence to work with partners including, parents, agencies, LA and nationally
* managing learning support
* Previous Key Stage Two (KS2) teaching experience
About the School:
This is a two form entry Primary School and Nursery which caters for the needs of children between the ages of 3 and 11. In the main school each year group is arranged in three mixed ability classes. Each class has its own Teacher and is supported by a Classroom Teaching assistant. The classrooms are well maintained and well equipped with purpose built ICT suites, Food technology, Music and Design Technology Rooms. The school also benefits from three playgrounds, a wild garden and a Sports field.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious school that can offer a welcoming and friendly working environment to work in. The Head teacher is looking to meet candidates ASAP so if this role sounds of interest to you then please send through your CV to Carly Walters at Remedy Education.