21 days ago
SEN Teaching Assistant (11-16) - Hackney, East London
We are a hugely successful school, complimented by our latest OFSTED inspection on many aspects including our forward vision and academic excellence: "attitudes to learning and relationships between staff and students are exemplary". We are looking to appoint a flexible and well-organised LSA to support able pupils who have a variety of challenging needs. Previous relevant experience is essential.
The role at this school will be supporting secondary aged students with SEN needs ranging from ASD, ADHD, EBD, SEMH etc. Students at this school can be challenging at times.
This role would be ideal for someone with a Psychology or Criminology background, or with experience supporting teenagers in schools around London (potentially Prison or PRU experience)
The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of the following:
- Excellent communication skills with both children and adults
- Caring and patient nature coupled with an ability to give calm, firm and measured responses
- An understanding of how social and emotional triggers prompt behaviour responses and how to reduce the impact of these
- An ability to work as part of a team, with initiative and autonomy
- The working environment will enable outstanding professional development opportunities.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.