£160 - £200 per day
14 days ago
Long term perm
Are you a SEN teacher with QTS, interested in making the ordinary possible for children and young people with Autism?
Remedy Education are currently recruiting for a qualified SEN Teacher to work at an Ofsted 'Outstanding' special school in Greenwich, who are actively looking for a SEN Teacher to start with them in September 2021. The role is full time and long term, for the full academic year until and will most likely become permanent for the right candidate.
The school in Greenwich, South East London are looking for creative and talented SEN Teachers to make a positive difference to their learner's lives. The school heavily invest in their people, providing excellent training programmes and personal development plans to get the very best from them. The school has been rated Ofsted Outstanding, providing support and education to pupils aged 11-19. They have high aspirations for the pupils and learners. The goal for all their pupils and learners is that when they leave their settings, they will have the opportunity to access employment, further education or training and to live as part of the communities of their choice.
You will be teaching KS3-KS4 students, some with high-functioning Autism and some with low-functioning Autism. Class sizes are small, of up to 5 pupils, with a high staff to pupil ratio so you will have lots of support from the Teaching Assistants within the school. All students have an EHCP tailored to their ASD, PMLD or Global Delay and complex needs. Teaching Assistants will be supporting within the class to help students engage in lessons and to manage any behavioural issues to ensure lessons run smoothly and students make progress.
The school are ideally looking for a qualified teacher with experience teaching in UK schools, strong behavioural management and a good command of written and spoken English and literacy skills. You must have SEN experience and experience of teaching children of different abilities.
The school has been commended twice for their academic excellent, is viewed as a well-connected and caring school who go the extra mile to help children achieve their personal growth. The school aims to provide a creative and stimulating learning environment, with a strong commitment to the arts.
Located in Geenwich, South East London, the school has excellent transport links including the Overground and is on several popular bus routes.
- QTS, qualified teacher status.
- Experience planning and teaching lessons to Secondary aged students following the National Curriculum.
- Experience with SEN - ideally Autism and complex needs.
- Enthusiastic, resilient and positive approach.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
- Assess students' abilities and craft teaching plans
- Adapt learning materials to students' needs
- Keep track of and reflect on students' progress
- Monitor children's behavioural patterns and arrange appropriate interventions if needed
- Find engaging activities to teach skills
- Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict
- Prepare students for transition to the next grade
- Inform parents about their children's performance and potential problems
- Coach/mentor other professionals who work with children with disabilities
- Collaborate with the support staff (e.g. school counsellors and therapists) to create holistic intervention plans
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a SEN Teacher. Or for more information about the role, contact Carly Walters at Remedy.