£70 - £80 per annum
9 months ago
Remedy Education is looking for ambitious and energetic people with a background as support/care workers to transition to education and work in SEN schools in Havering. We are in contact with many SEN schools across London who love to train and support people interested in taking the next step in their career.
Many of our clients have PMLD and SLD students, who require very attentive and careful support. The students are for the most part quite severely disabled and may require teaching assistants who are trained in personal care, feeding, administering medication and other responsibilities typical of working in care.
Most of the schools we work with are consistently rated outstanding, the ratio of students to staff is 1:2, and the number of students in each class is always between 4-8. Students in the school are divided according to ability. All the students are very low functioning, therefore experience in supporting numeracy and literacy at low levels is preferable.
The role of the Teaching Assistant is:
* To provide support to students in a PMLD school
* To differentiate the work according to the students' EHCP
* Be active and innovative in their teaching and learning styles, both inside and outside the classroom
* To provide a friendly and stable presence for all the students, be a point of reference in a moment of crisis
* Personal care
Remedy Education endeavour to support your career at every stage. Both offering you a variety of CPD courses to enrich and progress your career further.
To be considered you will have:
* The ability to motivate pupils
* Passion for education and SEN
* The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
* You can provide 2 teaching references within the last 2 years.
* You hold the right to work in the UK.
* You have a DBS or are willing to complete one.
* An innovator with drive and determination
Any experience within PMLD, SLD or complex needs is preferable but not essential
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your CV to Brookland @ Remedy Education