£75 - £85 per day
23 days ago
Long term perm
SEN support worker - SLD/PMLD/Complex Needs - Required in Greenwich
The school caters for secondary school students who have SEND, specifically severe, profound or complex learning disabilities. The school are looking for friendly dedicated SEN support workers who can support their pupils working potentially 1:1 and in small groups. You will be responsible for engaging between working with small mixed ability groups and supporting the teacher. The school is aimed at providing a lower level national curriculum baseline and supports students to gain important life skills. Please note, personal care may be involved in this role.
- SEN Support Worker - SLD/PMLD/Complex Needs
- Greenwich - Full time
- ASAP start
- £70-£85 per day, depending on experience
As an SEN support worker, the successful applicant will hold a number of responsibilities. This is the ideal opportunity to gain the necessary skills and experience for those considering applying to teacher training courses (PGCE, Schools Direct and Teach First) to further your experience working within SEN schools.
- Helping pupils through dedicated support n 1:1 or in small groups
- Join a hardworking and dedicated team of practitioners
- Making and creating resources
- Supporting the needs of students with SEND
- To work alongside and learn from a talented and supportive team of teachers
- To develop teaching techniques and communication skills
- Adapt techniques to suit learners
- Take on feedback to continually improve your practice
- Happy to carry out personal care
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join the school. If this sounds like you, apply now!
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working with children or young people who have SEND
- A confident manner and will be able to adapt well to different situations
- A genuine passion for working with SEND
- Available to commit to at least July 2022
If you are interested, please apply below.
Remedy Education is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation.
Recommend a friend to Remedy Education Resourcing, and you could receive a referral bonus of up to £100
Please email your updated CV to Carly Walters,