£70 - £85 per day
5 months ago
***** SEN Teaching Assistant ****
**** September Start ****
**** Greenwich ****
A primary/secondary SEN school in Greenwich is recruiting experienced teaching assistants to work across the key stages starting in September 2019. All posts are full time via the agency.
The school caters for students aged 2-11 with an ECHP for PMLD, Autism and complex needs. They have a strong academic focus, however are equally keen to promote positive wellbeing and mindfulness.
The selected applicants will have previous SEN experience, especially PMLD and complex needs. You will be working in a class of 5-6 pupils providing 1:1 support. Children are grouped based on age, however there will be varying abilities, with some students being non-verbal, therefore PECs and Makaton are a must. There will also be personal care involved, so manual handling training is required. As well as supporting students academically, you will focus on well-being and social skills. Successful applicants are caring, calm and pro-active with a keen interest in SEN.
For the right person the school are offering excellent pay rates and a state of the art working environment.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Experience supporting children with PMLD and complex needs
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience
- One to one and small group work
- Professional manor
- Enthusiasm and friendly approach
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Carly Walters at Remedy Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR REMEDY EDUCATION:
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Remedy Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Remedy Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'