£150 - £170 per day
about 2 months ago
Long term perm
Are you a Secondary teacher or SEN teacher with QTS, and have experience teaching children with autism, interested in teaching Secondary aged students with special needs?
Remedy Education are currently recruiting for a qualified SEN Teacher to work at a Special Needs Secondary school in the Greenwich area, teaching a range of Key stage 3 to Key stage 4 classes. The role is full time and will run at least until the end of the academic year but has potential to go into a permanent position.
The role is teaching a range of secondary classes, from key stage 3 to key stage 4 planning and teaching scheduled lessons including PE, maths, English and ICT. Most of the students at the school are working below their age level, the school has strategies in place regarding schemes of work and also behaviour. There are teaching assistants working alongside you to support student development.
The school itself is an local SEN school with small class sizes with a TA present at all times, helping children. The school is very different to mainstream schools and is designed to meet the needs of the children, some of whom will have transferred from mainstream schools where their needs could not be met. The school's ethos is to ensure children are able to build confidence, make progress with their learning, improve social skills and behaviour and when possible, return to mainstream school.
The school is easily accessible by several popular bus routes and there is a train station present in Greenwich.
- QTS, qualified teacher status.
- Experience planning and teaching lessons to primary aged students following the National Curriculum.
- Experience with SEN, specifically autism, both verbal and non-verbal and other speech, language and communication needs.
- Experience supporting young people with special educational needs, specifically Social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
- Enthusiastic, resilient and positive approach.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a SEN Secondary Teacher.