2 months ago
SEN Learning Facilitator for a special needs school, Newham
- Start date - September 2021
- Full time and long term with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract.
Remedy Education are looking for someone to support a student on a 1:1 basis with Complex Needs including hearing impairment. You will need to support with note taking and scribing as well as pastoral and emotional support. They are a wheelchair user so you will need to support with moving around college. Ideally you will have some experience or training in Moving & Handling. You will be providing nurturing and caring support for the students physical, emotional, behavioural and learning needs.
Previous experience as a SEN Learning Facilitator, SEN Learning Mentor, SEN Teaching Assistant, Care Worker or Support Worker would be preferred.
About the school:
- Special school & college for young people with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Autism (ASC).
- The school is highly organised and staff are well supported and trained to meet expectations.
- They have a strong focus on working collaboratively and sharing their talents across the school.
- Diversity & achievements are celebrated and self-esteem and mutual respect and fostered throughout.
- Curriculum is wide ranging, multi-sensory and tailored to meet individual needs.
- About the pupils:
The contact for this role is Bradley Guy-Champion who is available on 020 8418 1390